Omar Khaled Eldash
Address: P.O.Box 40532, Lafayette, LA, 70504
Telephone: +1 (337) 504-1628
August 2014 – Current
Center for Advanced Computer Studies [Louisiana – USA] Graduate Assistant.
Research Focus: Smart/Dynamic/Autonomous chips [Chips that think]
- Building a quanitative analysis that measures different hardware intelligence metrics.
- Modeling abstract architectures and algorithms using Python.
- Evaluating and creating of qualitative study/analysis for different reconfigurable platforms.
- Implementing autonomous reconfiguration system and assessing their feasibility for different applications and hardware platforms
- Introducing machine learning features to be tracked within hardware systems performance. Implementation Keys: Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus and their FPGAs, Verilog, Python, Scripting, Artificial Intelligence, MATLAB models, Algorithms, Reconfigurable Systems.
August 2011 – July 2012
INTEL, Intel Labs, Power Delivery for Circuits and Systems Team, [OR – USA] Student Intern
Work Experience: Alternative Power Management for Microelectronics
- Modeling Voltage Regulators combined with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) [using MATLAB]
- Studying/Analyzing MPPT algorithms ….
- Implementing embedded control [systems] using Texas Instruments microcontrollers.
- Evaluating new tools and Simulink toolboxes
August 2009 – June 2014
Nanoelectronics Integrated Systems Center (NISC), Nile University, [Egypt] Research Assistant
Research Focus: 3D Memory Modeling for MCNoC application:
- [Creating/Introducing] 3D memory architectures as a central platform for a Memory-Centric Network on Chip.
- Building a MATLAB model for quanitative assessment of different sizes and organizations of memory array based on HP CACTI tool.
- Extrapolating mathematical models for delay, area and power to include 3D IC techniques.
- Proposing and evaluating memory organizations suitable for NoC.
- [Creating thermal aware task mapping for MP-SoCs] Implementation: MATLAB Memory models, 3D ICs models, C programming.
PhD in Computer Engineering at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA [2014- current]
MSc in Computer Engineering at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA (GPA: 3.88) [Dec 2016]
Msc in Microelectronics System Design at Nile University, Egypt (GPA: 3.82) [2014, ABD]
B.Sc in Communications and Electronics Eng., Fayoum University, Egypt (Grade:89.05%) 
- O. Eldash, K. Khalil, M. Bayoumi. “On On-chip Intelligence Paradigms” published in CCECE, 2017.
- K. Khalil, O. Eldash, and M. Bayoumi. “Flexible Self-Healing Router for Reliable and High-Performance Network-on-Chips Architecture” published in SOCC, 2018.
- K. Khalil, O. Eldash, and M. Bayoumi. “A Cost-Effective Self-Healing Approach for Reliable Hardware Systems” published in ISCAS, 2018.
- O. Eldash, K. Khalil, M. Bayoumi. “On Reconfigurable Fabrics for Intelligent Hardware Systems” published in ICECS, 2017.
- K. Khalil, O. Eldash, and M. Bayoumi. “A Novel Approach Towards Less Area Overhead Self-Healing Hardware Systems.” Published in MWSCAS, 2017.
- K. Khalil, O. Eldash, and M. Bayoumi. “Self-healing router architecture for reliable network-on-chips” published in ICECS, 2017.
- H. Sarhan, O. Eldash, M. Raymond, A. Wassal, Y. Ismail, “Temperature-aware adaptive task-mapping targeting uniform thermal distribution in mpsoc platforms” published in ICEAC, 2010.
January 2018 – current Instructor at University of Louisiana at Lafayette [USA]
Teaching an elective class entitled “Smart Embedded Systems” focusing on combining Machine Learning and embedded systems in a project-based curriculum.
January 2015 – December 2017 Teaching Assistant at University of Louisiana at Lafayette [USA]
Teaching assistant for Circuits II, VLSI systems, and Advanced VLSI systems classes.
October 2012 – June 2014 Teaching Assistant at Nile University [Egypt]
Teaching multiple classes: Electric Circuits, Fundamentals of Control, Signals and Systems, Digital IC design
Tools, Skills and Topics of Interest
Tools: Xilinix (Vivado), Mentor (IC Station, Eldo, Modelsim, etc.), Cadence (Virtuoso, encounter), Synopsis (Design Compiler), MATLAB & SimuLink
Programming: Python, Java, Assembly, Android development, VHDL, Verilog
Topics of interest: Reconfigurable Hardware, Evolvable Hardware, Memory Architectures, 3D ICs, Neural Networks, IC digital design
Community Engagement Activities
President – Megapreneurship Society Student Organization at ULL
Lead Organizer and Volunteer Coordinator – International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing 2017
Volunteer Coordinator and Curator Team volunteer – TEDxVermilionStreet 2015
Founder, Alkhayma – Coworking space in Fayoum,Egypt, aims at attracting active youth in the community to build a technical and social ecosystem in the small city. January 2014 – August 2014